Friday 11 February 2011

11/02/11

Had a dreadful nights sleep, waking up really sore on four occasions. Each time I had to move from the position I was in to the other side, which was really, really hard to do. I was a bit 'paralysed'. That's not the correct word, I needed to really think about the movements I had to make to turn over. After I had done so I was much better and went back to sleep after a few minutes.

My shakes in my right hand are quite bad today, so much so that it has taken a long time to type this post . I honestly believe that I couldn't do my job as things stand. I worked in a hospital lab doing blood tests and moving tiny amounts of potentially infectious material from one place to another. And I'm so tired!

A while ago, on my last visit to my GP (who is just so sympathetic!!) he suggested I take an NSAID drug called Naproxin for the pain at night. It is patently not working so I will stop taking those as well. I have found that a soluble Solpadene at night gives me some relief for 4 hours. I know they're addictive so I'll only do that when I have to.

My spirits have been lifted as I've just taken delivery of my new car I got on the DLA thing. I've never had a new car before and it's very exciting. Hope I can continue driving, although at the moment, I seem to be very careful about everything.

But all these symptoms were there when I was taking the tablets. Nothing has changed and, as of this moment, I plan not to restart the tablets until things gets worse. I know the prognosis of this disease and wonder what you guys would do. Comments?

Once again, thanks for supporting this blog. It makes it worthwhile for me to write it if someone else is doing so. Please tell other PWP


Chris

2 comments:

  1. Well my personal belief is that meds simply mask the symptoms with the feel good sensations (as would Cocaine or ecstasy!)
    So far my body has self adjusted to the depleted dopamine, my hypotheses is that a rush of meds induced dopamine to my system will simply tell my dopamine balancing system to switch off when its dealing with danger levels, hence the resulting dystonia after 2/5/10 years of caning the meds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume you're right in a way Krugen68 (or can I call you Kru?!!!). I'm reasonably certain that it is not quite as simple as that, but the principle is probably correct. However, the main point is :- As these tablets are purely treating the symptoms and not curing the disease there is no point taking them if they have no perceivable effect.
    I am always aware that I can go back onto the drugs at a later date.

    ReplyDelete